Back in December I got braces. Yes for the first time, and Yes they were sooo uncomfortable! I was promised they would be worth it in the end. So far, so good. I have seen such a drastic change in my bite already.
My hang ups:
1. I feel like a prepubescent teen!
2. I have build ups on my bottom molars so it is very difficult to eat!
3. Food, Ugh, Love Food! Not so much when it's stuck-in-my-teeth-GROSS!
Floss, brush, rinse, repeat and repeat and repeat. Still...feel...gross.
4. P-A-I-N...Oh, bring out the bottle of Whine... The-P-A-I-N
5. Limited on what I can eat. I love food and not being able to eat what I want when I want really stinks. I would like to say I have been and exemplary model in temprense. But I won't. Because I haven't. I've just changed up my eating habits (I tell my self it's out of necessity) to all things soft and bad for you... which is really an oxymoron, in my opinion. Soft things like, brownies, danishes, pancakes, milkshake (I know liquid, but still soft) banana bread, and Monti Christo sandwiches. Oh, the good stuff that is so bad for ones body, especially for ones eyes. My poor eyes... they have to cast themselves upon the scale number hovering over the same number for the last few months. No improvement on loosing any more of that baby weight since the braces have been added. UGH...Exasperated sigh of discontentment and total unfairness!
On the plus side:
My husband loves them. Truly. He says he enjoys how the edges of my mouth are always turned upward, so it looks like I have a constant smile.
I sorta envision a less creepy version on the Cheshire Cat.
What do you think?
Anyway. Enjoy this number for 2005ish! Smile Like You Mean It... Robert used to serenade me with these lyrics.