Monday, July 22, 2013

Mystery Ingredient Monday #8

Welcome back to MIM. Jessica's MI was Mustard. So, I hope you all fancy it as much as we O'Briens' do. 

If there's one thing I've learned since marrying into the O'Brien family is that they are ALL wicked competitive! You will NeVer! see me play a game of Monopoly with any of them. There was a first and it was my last.
The O'Briens are quick, ruthless and enjoy annihilation far too much. So, when Jessica threw down a dessert challenge, Robert was all over it.  
First, let's point out the challenge was called upon me, directly, by name. "Tasha" not to be confused with "Robert". No? You don't see how that could be confusing either? Goooood. Because apparently when two become one in the Holy Spirt, my husband takes that as "in all areas of everything". Or so I'm guessing, because he sure suited up and took charge of the conquest before I could even finish saying my name. With in minutes, he found a recipe, was making a grocery list, and checkin' it twice.
This was the only dessert I allowed this week. I just couldn't mustard muster any more sugar. 


Their images are much better looking!

The stout we used then consumed 
toffee/ contains 1TBS of mustard
Multi Layers under there.
The recipe was good. Extremely rich and definitely not low cal.
Remember a few weeks ago I made the outlandish claim that we have an entire refrigerator shelf dedicated to mustards?                    
 Behold the shelf.
The Inglehoffer Sweet Hot Mustartd with Honey is what we used in the recipe
How did I participate this week? 
I used these mustards on sandwiches, pork apple sausages, deli meats, and burgers.
We also made my favorite twice baked potato recipe that calls for powdered mustard.

Check out what Anne whipped up in her kitchen and don't for get to add your link to Jessica's Blog.
As always; (If you want to play along but don't have a blog, instagram or tweet it #mysteryingredient, or tag us in a facebook post about your dish so we can marvel your creativity.) 

I'm feeling a bit spunky this weekend and I have been totally spoiled by the fruits of Missouri's vineyards the past two weekends, I thought would could all unite for next weeks MI=Wine! 

Source
Remember, no rules so anything goes. 
Go Fourth and be inspired.
Link up with me next week. 
TTFN. 

4 comments:

  1. "quick, ruthless and enjoy annihilation." ROFL! I love it! Being from MO, I'm going to need a Show Me/Taste the Mustard for MyOwnSelf trial before I admit defeat.
    Next week, was that wine? Or Whine? We've got plenty of both. Will you be making yet another dessert? Or just drinking a dessert wine? No challenge, just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toffee was the best part so even if we forgo the rest of the recipe, we can definitely "show you" that. Prayers for your whine going on... hopefully the wine will also help.
      As far as desserts go... desperately trying to loose that last bit of baby frank weight, so I hope not. Absolutely drinking it though...I know...that's not going to help the weight loss. Ho-hum.

      Delete
  2. You win!

    We have a shelf like that in our fridge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We make our own beer, chocolate, cream cheese, and spicy mustard but Chocolate Stout Pretzel Toffee Bars? Oh my. Huge points for creativity!

    ReplyDelete